zync
Aug 6, 10:41 PM
100,00 users!
Yikes! I wonder how many this year....
I bet it's 500,000+
Arn has a LOT of bandwidth.
I bet he could walk thorough his internet connection without bumping his head.
March a whole army thorough there. Three abreast.
*goose step*
*goose step*
*goose step*
*goose step*
*goose step*
*goose step*
I don't know if anyone has said it yet, but it's because he has a team of messengers on horses that are able to run through the tubes :D
Yikes! I wonder how many this year....
I bet it's 500,000+
Arn has a LOT of bandwidth.
I bet he could walk thorough his internet connection without bumping his head.
March a whole army thorough there. Three abreast.
*goose step*
*goose step*
*goose step*
*goose step*
*goose step*
*goose step*
I don't know if anyone has said it yet, but it's because he has a team of messengers on horses that are able to run through the tubes :D
theBB
Jul 20, 08:00 PM
Most likely it would work exactly like how a normal streamed QuickTime movie downloads. It buffers for a few minutes, and then you can start watching it, and it downloads in the background, and saves it to file letting you watch it again for X times/days. This is exactly how Movielink works.
Well, if you are going to burn it to a DVD so that you can watch it on your TV, then you have to wait until the whole movie downloads. That's a hassle, but otherwise I would have to buy another computer to hook it up to my TV. No, thanks, unless Apple comes up with a cheap appliance.
Well, if you are going to burn it to a DVD so that you can watch it on your TV, then you have to wait until the whole movie downloads. That's a hassle, but otherwise I would have to buy another computer to hook it up to my TV. No, thanks, unless Apple comes up with a cheap appliance.
Kenso
Mar 22, 03:48 PM
They should make brief questions to Steve Jobs the same way he answers:
Q: Apple killing iPod?
Sent from my iPhone
A: We have no plans to
Sent from my iPhone
:D
Q: Apple killing iPod?
Sent from my iPhone
A: We have no plans to
Sent from my iPhone
:D
wordoflife
Nov 26, 05:44 PM
Swatch New Gent "black Rebel"
http://www.kstreetwear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Swatch-New-Gent-Watches-03.jpeg
Where did you buy that watch and for how much? I really like it :o
__________________________________________________________
Last purchase:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/candycane-report/5.jpg
http://www.kstreetwear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Swatch-New-Gent-Watches-03.jpeg
Where did you buy that watch and for how much? I really like it :o
__________________________________________________________
Last purchase:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/candycane-report/5.jpg
rock6079
Nov 28, 09:51 AM
as i recall, apples ipod laucnh dindt have much hype either. however the market is different now and people know the significance of the mp3 player, but its still nice to see the zune not doin too well !
cozmot
Apr 24, 01:07 PM
When senators weigh in on privacy issues like this, they betray their foolishness. A litlle study by their aides would reveal what a non-issue this is. Sen. Franken would do better by investigating our own government's spying on its own citizens under the cover of the Patriot Act.
AvSRoCkCO1067
Jul 19, 05:00 PM
The great numbers shown today just prove that this is the perfect moment to bury MS once and for all in the OS war...OS X is by far the best system, and Longsight is still more than 6 months away...Microsoft is doomed.
Yeah....no....
Aren't there still more people using Windows Me/Windows 98/Windows 95 than all Mac OS users...??? People don't upgrade quickly - it would be dozens of years before Apple could even have, say, a 25% marketshare.
Yeah....no....
Aren't there still more people using Windows Me/Windows 98/Windows 95 than all Mac OS users...??? People don't upgrade quickly - it would be dozens of years before Apple could even have, say, a 25% marketshare.
Stewie
Sep 7, 02:15 PM
Sorry for the nasty long URL (http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:9OrBsXYjfxgJ:www.amazon.com/b/%3Fie%3DUTF8%26node%3D16263011+unbox+site:amazon.com&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a), but this is a cache page from a google search where you can see what Amazons offerings our for their new download service.
RebootD
Apr 12, 09:59 PM
I hope they don't consider this a all new program and not offer upgrades.
But then again it might be offered for cheap on the App Store anyway.
It will be interesting if they sell it stand alone and drop motion/livetype etc.
But then again it might be offered for cheap on the App Store anyway.
It will be interesting if they sell it stand alone and drop motion/livetype etc.
Fubar1977
Apr 17, 10:35 AM
IMO, if a gearbox has a setting where it will automatically shift gears for you and you don't have to touch it, it's an automatic gearbox.
Sure, some auto gearboxes (DSG) are better than others (torque converter) but they're still automatic.
I must admit that, other than a couple of times just to try it out, I pretty much never use manual mode on the DSG box.
TBH there is no-way I could manually change faster than this box can.
In my case it`s fitted to a 2 litre turbo-diesel and the 6 speed DSG can keep the engine in the "power band" pretty much constantly if you want it to.
In "Sport Mode" it`s so damn fierce it`s almost undriveable.
I have embarrased many a petrol powered car in this thing :)
Sure, some auto gearboxes (DSG) are better than others (torque converter) but they're still automatic.
I must admit that, other than a couple of times just to try it out, I pretty much never use manual mode on the DSG box.
TBH there is no-way I could manually change faster than this box can.
In my case it`s fitted to a 2 litre turbo-diesel and the 6 speed DSG can keep the engine in the "power band" pretty much constantly if you want it to.
In "Sport Mode" it`s so damn fierce it`s almost undriveable.
I have embarrased many a petrol powered car in this thing :)
damienvfx
Sep 1, 02:08 PM
This is pure speculation here, but remember a month back when there was talk of a cinema display with a built in camera? What if those rumors started from someone who saw the new iMac and didn't even know that it was so much more than just an update to the cinema displays?
Well, this is my first guess before a release, so we'll see how it pans out.:rolleyes:
Still waiting for a Merom MBP. Leaving for Australia at the end of September, I'd love to be able to bring it with me.
Well, this is my first guess before a release, so we'll see how it pans out.:rolleyes:
Still waiting for a Merom MBP. Leaving for Australia at the end of September, I'd love to be able to bring it with me.
matznentosh
Oct 23, 08:48 AM
You do know that you'll be getting a US-formatted keyboard and AC adapter, yes?
Don't forget the AC adapter works on UK voltage, you just need the plug adapter.
Don't forget the AC adapter works on UK voltage, you just need the plug adapter.
milo
Sep 5, 04:29 PM
Where's my new mac mini damnit! :mad:
Disappointed :(
Anyone know if it will be having a revision or if all of this was baseless dross, little more than hype?
Be patient. We'll probably see it in the next couple weeks, definitely by the end of the month.
Disappointed :(
Anyone know if it will be having a revision or if all of this was baseless dross, little more than hype?
Be patient. We'll probably see it in the next couple weeks, definitely by the end of the month.
Cuddles
Jan 3, 01:19 PM
I need to get the 07 STI rims mounted once the winter season is over.
'97 Subaru svx lsi
Word!! Here is my baby. First car I actually had to get a loan out for. Blah, debt. 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X MT
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1280/4680266211_7972a35e50.jpg
I don't own the other cars.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4102/4855348082_4c39d5ab04.jpg
A couple things I've done to her
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4569005703_73890f0a07.jpg
'97 Subaru svx lsi
Word!! Here is my baby. First car I actually had to get a loan out for. Blah, debt. 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X MT
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1280/4680266211_7972a35e50.jpg
I don't own the other cars.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4102/4855348082_4c39d5ab04.jpg
A couple things I've done to her
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4569005703_73890f0a07.jpg
copykris
Mar 22, 04:58 PM
Do people seriously have that many songs?!!! seriously?!!!
220gb = 50,000 songs?!!!!! That is totally not necessary.
Apple discontinue that dinosaur! It makes you look bad to just have it on your website.
this has to be the dumbest thing i've ever read on here
and i was around when that one guy kept talking about how he 'future-proofed' his mac, so
220gb = 50,000 songs?!!!!! That is totally not necessary.
Apple discontinue that dinosaur! It makes you look bad to just have it on your website.
this has to be the dumbest thing i've ever read on here
and i was around when that one guy kept talking about how he 'future-proofed' his mac, so
emotion
Aug 16, 07:43 AM
I wish whoever posted this would get it straight - Microsoft is coming out with zune to compete with iPod. They are the one with the new product that will inevitably suck.
I don't understand why this post says that Apple is coming out with wireless capabilities to compete with zune - if nobody has wireless out yet, then there is not much a competition. And it certainly isn't Apple hoping to be the ones to catch up.
At least Apple seem to be avoiding standing still. That's a good thing as it's hard to stay at the top of the market forever. Especially when MS are concerned.
I don't understand why this post says that Apple is coming out with wireless capabilities to compete with zune - if nobody has wireless out yet, then there is not much a competition. And it certainly isn't Apple hoping to be the ones to catch up.
At least Apple seem to be avoiding standing still. That's a good thing as it's hard to stay at the top of the market forever. Especially when MS are concerned.
zap2
Sep 1, 12:04 PM
i Doubt it..a 23'' seems like its really stepping into "Pro" Computer area..
bartzilla
May 3, 07:27 AM
I
I really wonder what the reasoning behind all this negativity is...
Well I can tell you why I'm dubious - we know that iOS has shown that full computer paradigms don't translate well to the tablet (e.g. iOS compared to the 'full Windows' tablet experience). I'm thinking that the description of this new feature sounds very clumsy, and it may illustrate that the reverse of my first statement is true: tablet interface conventions may not translate well to a 'normal' computer environment.
I really wonder what the reasoning behind all this negativity is...
Well I can tell you why I'm dubious - we know that iOS has shown that full computer paradigms don't translate well to the tablet (e.g. iOS compared to the 'full Windows' tablet experience). I'm thinking that the description of this new feature sounds very clumsy, and it may illustrate that the reverse of my first statement is true: tablet interface conventions may not translate well to a 'normal' computer environment.
MacPhilosopher
Sep 14, 12:01 PM
My reception experience has been significantly better since upgrading to the 4. I've dropped fewer than 5 calls in a month in my home in which I normally drop every call I am on longer than a minute. I have reception in my workplace that I refer to as the cell phone vortex. Once in the door I usually drop all bars, but now I can get reception deep in the building.
vand0576
Sep 1, 01:11 PM
if this turns out to be true, here's my prediction on the pricing:
17" is stripped down and relegated to "emac" status and sells at a $999 price point
20" sells for $1299 or $1399
23" sells for $1699 or MAYBE $1799 at the most
these prices seem a lot more like what I was thinking. Wishful? maybe, but this would be aggressive pricing, not keeping the current 17" and 20" where they are and throwing the 23" way over their marks.
17" is stripped down and relegated to "emac" status and sells at a $999 price point
20" sells for $1299 or $1399
23" sells for $1699 or MAYBE $1799 at the most
these prices seem a lot more like what I was thinking. Wishful? maybe, but this would be aggressive pricing, not keeping the current 17" and 20" where they are and throwing the 23" way over their marks.
bobsentell
May 2, 05:53 PM
Man that Windows dialog is horrible. Why is there so much info? Are the file size and image dimensions influencing whether or not I want to delete it? And the classic Windows "Yes" and "No" buttons (instead of having something useful like Cancel and Delete. If that dialog pops up, you have to squint your eyes and look all over until you see "Delete ..." in the upper left corner, then take a second to make sure "Yes" actually means "Delete". And if you want to cancel, should you hit "No" or the X in the top right?
Man, that OS X dialog IS NOTHING like that Aero dialog.
Well, considering the dialog box says "Are you sure you want to delete xxxx?" I think a "Yes" or "No" are the best possible choices.
Man, that OS X dialog IS NOTHING like that Aero dialog.
Well, considering the dialog box says "Are you sure you want to delete xxxx?" I think a "Yes" or "No" are the best possible choices.
Bradley W
Aug 6, 08:41 PM
_
Apple OC
Apr 21, 09:32 PM
I read the police in Michigan were downloading info from people's iPhones on traffic stops ... only a matter of time before some innocent people get trumped up on bogus charges ... police have been known to have tunnel vision. (example ... sir, what were you doing at Avenue and Main street at 3pm this afternoon?)
Citizens do not need this kind of technology sneaking into their day to day lives.
This is a serious breach of people's right to privacy.
Citizens do not need this kind of technology sneaking into their day to day lives.
This is a serious breach of people's right to privacy.
Schnebar
Jan 13, 01:24 AM
this is crap,
no one in their right mind would make something with 0 ports, you have to at a bare minimum have an audio out.
Hmm maybe they could get around this by shipping bluetooth headphones with it.
And the no-plug dock charging sounds good too.
Imagine a ultra portable macbook with no ports.
It would have a docking station with a lot of ports in the dock but it would all wirelessly be transfered to the macbook.
No clicking into the dock. Just set it down.
If the dock could be integrated into the desk it could look like you are just setting it on the desk.
But it is wirelessly sending power and signals with the dock which has usb, firewire, large HD, optical drive, headphone jacks, and other ports that are hidden under the desk.
Edit: just realized that in the time I took to reply someone else already pointed out bluetooth headphones.
no one in their right mind would make something with 0 ports, you have to at a bare minimum have an audio out.
Hmm maybe they could get around this by shipping bluetooth headphones with it.
And the no-plug dock charging sounds good too.
Imagine a ultra portable macbook with no ports.
It would have a docking station with a lot of ports in the dock but it would all wirelessly be transfered to the macbook.
No clicking into the dock. Just set it down.
If the dock could be integrated into the desk it could look like you are just setting it on the desk.
But it is wirelessly sending power and signals with the dock which has usb, firewire, large HD, optical drive, headphone jacks, and other ports that are hidden under the desk.
Edit: just realized that in the time I took to reply someone else already pointed out bluetooth headphones.
No comments:
Post a Comment