Father Jack
Jan 12, 04:27 AM
Maybe Apple's poster actually says more but we can't see the bottom?
Something like: "There's something in the air... blow it out your ass Microsoft" :p
Now that would be cool .. :cool:
Something like: "There's something in the air... blow it out your ass Microsoft" :p
Now that would be cool .. :cool:
razzmatazz
Aug 6, 10:43 PM
Yep. And Milk. Steve Jobs will climb down your chimney, eat the cookies, and pour the milk into any PCs he finds in your house :)
Well he won't find any PCs! Our house is PC free. We have a PowerMac G5, iMac G5, Powerbook G4, and a MacBook. He would be very happy :D
Well he won't find any PCs! Our house is PC free. We have a PowerMac G5, iMac G5, Powerbook G4, and a MacBook. He would be very happy :D

RebootD
Apr 12, 09:09 PM
Final Cut X and 64bit whoo hoo.
Hans Brix
Apr 20, 04:58 PM
Yes I can drive a standard car.
I would like to clarify a few things for people who don't live in North America on why so many don't drive Standard. Most cars today can't be had with a standard and even it's available you'd be hard pressed to find one, most dealer lots don't stock them. Certain cars have them but most don't offer it in higher trim levels so your stuck with automatic if you want a nicer car ex: Lexus IS, Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Accord, many Hyundai's.
I've noticed this more and more. Hate it.
I would like to clarify a few things for people who don't live in North America on why so many don't drive Standard. Most cars today can't be had with a standard and even it's available you'd be hard pressed to find one, most dealer lots don't stock them. Certain cars have them but most don't offer it in higher trim levels so your stuck with automatic if you want a nicer car ex: Lexus IS, Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Accord, many Hyundai's.
I've noticed this more and more. Hate it.
MacFly123
Mar 26, 11:06 PM
Sounds really awesome! And AppleTV was the first thing on my mind about this too..
Now, I know we're all wishing this to happen.
But is there already a method in place of being able to create this?
Can Developers do this....? But, they haven't got round to it yet?!
Or have Apple not opened this up to be created yet?
You can utilize it in some ways with the current APIs but in order to really AirPlay apps to the Apple TV, Apple would need to add some additional APIs for more functionality.
That is why this developer is doing this by way of the HDMI adaptor. Right now you can only AirPlay audio, pictures, or video, but not mirroring or pushing a separate video feed.
If Apple enables AirPlay to stream mirroring or more importantly separate feeds then BOOM, you have an entire ecosystem of apps INSTANTLY on the Apple TV that come from the iPad and iOS devices, but can be AirPlayed into Apple TV mode where the main canvas becomes the TV as the iDevice becomes the secondary canvas to augment the experience and act as the controller! THAT would be AWESOME :) I can really see Apple implementing apps in the Apple TV like this somehow instead of the traditional way people might be thinking. It makes a LOT of sense! :cool:
The second Apple announced AirPlay I predicted that that was how apps would come to the Apple TV, especially with games! I think we are about to see my prediction come true ;) It just makes too much sense! That way Apple still gets to keep the Apple TV pure to the content experience they say consumers want so bad, but if people want to surf the web, or play games, or use apps, they can do that too. It is the best of both worlds! AND it doesn't require an iDevice, but it sure as heck will end up selling millions more for Apple! More iDevices sold, more Apple TVs sold, WIN WIN!
Now, I know we're all wishing this to happen.
But is there already a method in place of being able to create this?
Can Developers do this....? But, they haven't got round to it yet?!
Or have Apple not opened this up to be created yet?
You can utilize it in some ways with the current APIs but in order to really AirPlay apps to the Apple TV, Apple would need to add some additional APIs for more functionality.
That is why this developer is doing this by way of the HDMI adaptor. Right now you can only AirPlay audio, pictures, or video, but not mirroring or pushing a separate video feed.
If Apple enables AirPlay to stream mirroring or more importantly separate feeds then BOOM, you have an entire ecosystem of apps INSTANTLY on the Apple TV that come from the iPad and iOS devices, but can be AirPlayed into Apple TV mode where the main canvas becomes the TV as the iDevice becomes the secondary canvas to augment the experience and act as the controller! THAT would be AWESOME :) I can really see Apple implementing apps in the Apple TV like this somehow instead of the traditional way people might be thinking. It makes a LOT of sense! :cool:
The second Apple announced AirPlay I predicted that that was how apps would come to the Apple TV, especially with games! I think we are about to see my prediction come true ;) It just makes too much sense! That way Apple still gets to keep the Apple TV pure to the content experience they say consumers want so bad, but if people want to surf the web, or play games, or use apps, they can do that too. It is the best of both worlds! AND it doesn't require an iDevice, but it sure as heck will end up selling millions more for Apple! More iDevices sold, more Apple TVs sold, WIN WIN!
KnightWRX
Apr 26, 01:57 PM
Add
Windows,
Words
besides others !!
Guys, every trademark is made up of generic words. That's not what people mean when they say App Store is generic. What they actually mean is it is descriptive.
Let's say I open a shoe store. 2 Trademarks :
1- Shoe Box
Both very generic words, same as everyone who argues "Windows! Amazon! Word! it's all generic!" say. However, I'm not trademarking an actual box that contains shoes. I'm trademarking a name for a store. The shoes don't even have to come in boxes.
2- Shoe Store
This one is descriptive. I'm opening a shoe store, I'm deciding to call it Shoe Store. So now, Yellow can't say "Yellow, the best shoe store around!" because that infringes on my mark. That's what people take exception with here. The mark seems descriptive and thus shouldn't be trademarkable. Apple themselves often refer to it in this descriptive nature in their financials and keynotes.
Windows,
Words
besides others !!
Guys, every trademark is made up of generic words. That's not what people mean when they say App Store is generic. What they actually mean is it is descriptive.
Let's say I open a shoe store. 2 Trademarks :
1- Shoe Box
Both very generic words, same as everyone who argues "Windows! Amazon! Word! it's all generic!" say. However, I'm not trademarking an actual box that contains shoes. I'm trademarking a name for a store. The shoes don't even have to come in boxes.
2- Shoe Store
This one is descriptive. I'm opening a shoe store, I'm deciding to call it Shoe Store. So now, Yellow can't say "Yellow, the best shoe store around!" because that infringes on my mark. That's what people take exception with here. The mark seems descriptive and thus shouldn't be trademarkable. Apple themselves often refer to it in this descriptive nature in their financials and keynotes.

bokdol
Mar 24, 01:14 PM
i would love to buy an off the shelf gpu for half the price of a mac branded amd card. please let this be true then i will not sell my 2008 macpro
Dmac77
Apr 10, 12:06 AM
Yes I can drive one. I also think that if you can't drive one, you shouldn't be allowed to drive period. Automatics are just things to get you from point A to B, whereas a standard transmission car is something you use for fun, with getting from point A to B just being a side effect.
-Don
-Don
skiltrip
Oct 5, 08:25 PM
Glad you're getting one!! It fits really well and won't slip out compared to the silicone case. I don't understand why Belkin can't make some normal colors, though. The bright colors look nice, but I would NOT want to be seen around with it under certain occasions. ;)
Best Buy ended up screwing me. I went to pick up the Night Sky grip vue, and they had the pink one pulled for me. Then they went to look for the 2 Night Sky ones they said they had in stock, but they found nothing. So I walked out empty handed. But I did go back today and pick up the Aqua colored one because they went on sale for 19.99. I don't hate the Aqua, don't love it either though. If the Night Sky ends up in stock in the next 30 days, I'm exchanging it. But for now, I like the case, just want the volume buttons to loosen up a bit. And I got tired of the Hong Kong silicone collection I had bought for it. Feels good to have a case that's easy on and off, that stays on, grips in the hands, but slides in the pocket.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4387684/front.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4387684/back.jpg
Best Buy ended up screwing me. I went to pick up the Night Sky grip vue, and they had the pink one pulled for me. Then they went to look for the 2 Night Sky ones they said they had in stock, but they found nothing. So I walked out empty handed. But I did go back today and pick up the Aqua colored one because they went on sale for 19.99. I don't hate the Aqua, don't love it either though. If the Night Sky ends up in stock in the next 30 days, I'm exchanging it. But for now, I like the case, just want the volume buttons to loosen up a bit. And I got tired of the Hong Kong silicone collection I had bought for it. Feels good to have a case that's easy on and off, that stays on, grips in the hands, but slides in the pocket.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4387684/front.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4387684/back.jpg
Chris Bangle
Aug 25, 06:54 AM
Why does intel have to be soooo confusing, A year ago you could either have a G4 or a G5, Nowadays dyo want core solo, core duo, merom, the other one, or that other one, or the other one.( I can ony remeber conroe and merom)... Ok there more powerful but there are too many to decide from.
quagmire
Feb 22, 10:14 PM
I thought anything with a GVWR of over 10k lbs was exempt from those standards. I know they are exempt from CAFE fuel economy standards.
They are exempt from CAFE( since HD's are supposed to be work trucks and all), but they are required to meet the new diesel emissions laws.
They are exempt from CAFE( since HD's are supposed to be work trucks and all), but they are required to meet the new diesel emissions laws.
macmike47
Jan 12, 06:04 AM
I don't think it's going to happen. Yet.
But I imagine one day it will. We already have wireless internet/networking. Wireless USB is certainly on its way. Wireless power as a concept is feasible. When we all have bluetooth headphones, that will eliminate need for any physical connector at all. A truly wireless MacBook. :D
But I imagine one day it will. We already have wireless internet/networking. Wireless USB is certainly on its way. Wireless power as a concept is feasible. When we all have bluetooth headphones, that will eliminate need for any physical connector at all. A truly wireless MacBook. :D
*LTD*
Mar 27, 06:46 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)
On screen buttons and dpads are terrible. Street fighter on the iphone was really hard to control. Buttons are a requirement for any gaming console.
Tell that to the hundreds (at times over a thousand) reviewers who are raving about it.
Yeah, "terrible" my ass.
Doubters need to wrap their head around this new concept. They can start accepting this new paradigm for the standard setting phenomenon it is (and I don't mean the 3DS, LOL), or get left behind.
On screen buttons and dpads are terrible. Street fighter on the iphone was really hard to control. Buttons are a requirement for any gaming console.
Tell that to the hundreds (at times over a thousand) reviewers who are raving about it.
Yeah, "terrible" my ass.
Doubters need to wrap their head around this new concept. They can start accepting this new paradigm for the standard setting phenomenon it is (and I don't mean the 3DS, LOL), or get left behind.
Schizoid
Mar 24, 06:57 PM
This is potentially great news...
I had a stock ATI 5850 in the Mac Pro for a while, OS X didn't like it but Windows ran it perfectly... in the end bit the bullet and bought a 5870 Mac edition for about twice the market value of a standard PC card!
Great decision though, the Mac now runs about 20 times faster... not just games either... the whole UI is great now (I guess thanks to OpenCL et al)
...and whoever decided the GT120 was a good card for a Mac Pro needs to be shot!
I had a stock ATI 5850 in the Mac Pro for a while, OS X didn't like it but Windows ran it perfectly... in the end bit the bullet and bought a 5870 Mac edition for about twice the market value of a standard PC card!
Great decision though, the Mac now runs about 20 times faster... not just games either... the whole UI is great now (I guess thanks to OpenCL et al)
...and whoever decided the GT120 was a good card for a Mac Pro needs to be shot!
NameUndecided
Apr 3, 01:01 AM
It worked for me too on DP1. On DP2, I had to install Snow Leopard first.
Ooh. Thought you were talking about the installs for both previews. I installed developer preview 2 over the first, so I didn't realize. It still doesn't sound very accurate to me.
Forgive me -- this is what I'm understanding from you:
DP1 can install onto a blank disk/partition.
DP2 can't install on a blank disk/partition. Needs to install as an update on top of DP 1 or Snow Leopard. (?)
Ooh. Thought you were talking about the installs for both previews. I installed developer preview 2 over the first, so I didn't realize. It still doesn't sound very accurate to me.
Forgive me -- this is what I'm understanding from you:
DP1 can install onto a blank disk/partition.
DP2 can't install on a blank disk/partition. Needs to install as an update on top of DP 1 or Snow Leopard. (?)
FireStar
Oct 4, 03:11 PM
i have recently bought ipod touch 4g ...i am looking for ipod touch 4g cases that provide my ipod a stylish and modish look and protect my pod from scratches and fits perfectly.
Well, I'm not sure if they have any yet, but Vaja is very nice and cool. Fairly expensive though. You could also get a BodyGuard or BSE or Invisible Shield if you would like to still see the Touch and have it be thin.
Well, I'm not sure if they have any yet, but Vaja is very nice and cool. Fairly expensive though. You could also get a BodyGuard or BSE or Invisible Shield if you would like to still see the Touch and have it be thin.
raymondso
Oct 23, 08:25 AM
does anyone know what time will the store be down when there is new product out? :)
dukebound85
Apr 10, 11:13 AM
I do and have been the last 10 years
Helped learning to ride a motorcycle also
I remember getting into an auto and mistook the brake for the clutch one time
Helped learning to ride a motorcycle also
I remember getting into an auto and mistook the brake for the clutch one time
m4rc
Apr 16, 05:05 AM
Firstly, can't believe this is still ongoing!
This is an interesting point of view (http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_news.cfm?NewsID=8320) on the whole topic.
I always compare Apple to BMW. Maybe we should all start a petition for BMW as surely it too is dieing? After all, I can buy a ford for �6000, but not a BMW - I mean, what's going on there, they don't want to make crap cars or what?
Marc
This is an interesting point of view (http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_news.cfm?NewsID=8320) on the whole topic.
I always compare Apple to BMW. Maybe we should all start a petition for BMW as surely it too is dieing? After all, I can buy a ford for �6000, but not a BMW - I mean, what's going on there, they don't want to make crap cars or what?
Marc
backinblack875
Feb 21, 07:28 PM
need a new and bigger desk, workin on it
xliver
Aug 16, 07:37 AM
I wish whoever posted this would get it straight - Microsoft is coming out with zune to compete with iPod. They are the one with the new product that will inevitably suck.
I don't understand why this post says that Apple is coming out with wireless capabilities to compete with zune - if nobody has wireless out yet, then there is not much a competition. And it certainly isn't Apple hoping to be the ones to catch up.
I don't understand why this post says that Apple is coming out with wireless capabilities to compete with zune - if nobody has wireless out yet, then there is not much a competition. And it certainly isn't Apple hoping to be the ones to catch up.
jxyama
Apr 15, 11:57 AM
Hey, thank you for being an idiot !! I wasn't replying because I went on Holidays. I went to see Tokyo for Five days and track down the old places of Edo described in Ernest Satow's 1921 book "A diplomat in Japan" and to buy a new Emac !! Its 115 000 yen in Japan for a Superdrive model. Oh, I forgot...For you being a high school graduate - Edo (or Yedo in some translations) is the old name of Tokyo. Up until the Meiji restoration.
If I was stupid - I wouldn't speak two languages
If I was an ignorant person - I would have stayed in my home country and not learn about the ways of the world...I believe that you have spent too much time in front of you mac.
If I was a vain pretender to knowledge - Do you know who Ernest Satow was ? Do you know over 2,000 Japanese kanji characters ? Do you know how to live in another country ? You have NO IDEA
So please don't call other people names - This is a thread for discussion not a primary school (If you are American - a primary school is a elementary school) :D
i'm sorry, this has got to be one of the most irrelevant comments i've read here at MR.
(btw, not to brag or anything, but i'll one up you: i speak japanese and english, both fluently. i've lived (not just traveled) in japan, USA and switzerland. i also have a phd in physics. what does all that have to do with having a constructive discussion? NOTHING.)
If I was stupid - I wouldn't speak two languages
If I was an ignorant person - I would have stayed in my home country and not learn about the ways of the world...I believe that you have spent too much time in front of you mac.
If I was a vain pretender to knowledge - Do you know who Ernest Satow was ? Do you know over 2,000 Japanese kanji characters ? Do you know how to live in another country ? You have NO IDEA
So please don't call other people names - This is a thread for discussion not a primary school (If you are American - a primary school is a elementary school) :D
i'm sorry, this has got to be one of the most irrelevant comments i've read here at MR.
(btw, not to brag or anything, but i'll one up you: i speak japanese and english, both fluently. i've lived (not just traveled) in japan, USA and switzerland. i also have a phd in physics. what does all that have to do with having a constructive discussion? NOTHING.)
pilotError
Aug 31, 03:20 PM
it's not unreasonable to assume that Apple could get the Yonah chips for less than Merom ones.
Are the Yonah chips being phased out now that Merom is coming on line?
I would think the same fab would produce the Merom chips...
Are the Yonah chips being phased out now that Merom is coming on line?
I would think the same fab would produce the Merom chips...
Willis
Aug 6, 09:00 PM
Hasta la Vista, Vista
classic!! I want to see a pic!
classic!! I want to see a pic!
No comments:
Post a Comment