Tuesday, May 17, 2011

queen elizabeth ii young woman

queen elizabeth ii young woman. Queen ELizabeth II, left,
  • Queen ELizabeth II, left,



  • Bill McEnaney
    Mar 27, 07:00 PM
    According to the APA there is no sound science behind conversion therapy.

    Some quotes from Nicolosi:

    �If the father drops the kid and the kid gets brain damage, at least he�ll be straight. Small price to pay.�

    �When we live our God-given integrity and our human dignity, there is no space for sex with a guy.�

    �I do not believe that any man can ever be truly at peace in living out a homosexual orientation.�
    I wouldn't have made the first comment, and I think he shouldn't have made it.

    Here's a video of an interview with Dr. Robert Spitzer, the psychiatrist who helped the APa normalize homosexuality before he discovered that some homosexuals could change their sexual orientation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwE6_dLweYo). I post the link to the video partly because I agree that James Dobson's organization, Focus on the Family, should have admitted that Spitzer thought very few homosexuals did that.

    I agree with Nicolosi's second quoted comment, but I wonder I what kind of right he meant in video three, the one I asked you guys to watch part of before I wrote this post. During years of counseling, I've noticed that some therapists need to think more analytically than they do think. One counselor kept saying "selfish" when she meant "assertive" and told a group that suicide was one of the most selfish things anyone could do. At least I knew that she didn't mean that people were being assertive by killing themselves.

    I don't know what to say about Nicolosi's third remark.





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. Queen Elizabeth II.
  • Queen Elizabeth II.



  • neilp4453
    Feb 12, 03:14 AM
    All I'm going to say is that Apple isn't doing enough to keep iPhone users...well, iPhone users!

    Two of my cousins now own droids. One had an iPhone and got a Droid once he started working at a Verizon store. The damn phone is jampacked with features that Apple refuses to include.

    In order for Apple to improve their device, they must first be beaten. Otherwise, they will sit on their asses just watching the cash come in. They do it with their current line of computers and they are doing it now.

    I love my iPhone but I think it is just that time. Hopefully they can come back. It is time to loosen their grip on the App Store, let Google do their "thang" and add numerous features that are available NATIVELY!





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young woman
  • queen elizabeth ii young woman



  • bedifferent
    May 2, 04:18 PM
    Bravo, this is the funniest post ever.

    I bet there's a lot of fan bois with soiled underwear.

    Could it be true? Their perfect computers now quite vulnerable.

    Ya gotta love it...the slap of reality :) :) :)

    …and in come the Engadget trolls… ;)

    Reality check is that I make 75% of my part-time communications and IT work from Windows based systems, fixing errors, virus removal, bloatware, instaling third party software such as mail, photo and calendar apps (Office), configuring their WLAN to work properly, et al.

    My OS X work, mostly teaching people how to use OS X (Apple's One on One but without the noise and lack of experience from minimum wage "Creatives"). Funny how the switchers fall in love with OS X and never switch back to Windows.

    Not knocking it, I got W7 on one of my 6-Core Mac Pro SATA bays and it runs amazingly. Of course, some of this is due to the hardware and drivers supplied by Apple, making it seamless as opposed to writing code for a myriad of hardware profiles…

    Bottom line, both are good, but Windows would be better following Apple's lead in producing the hardware with the product, ensuring less compatibility issue and adopting EFI (Bios? REALLY?). Course this would mean millions of large businesses reinvesting in MS built hardware, and with MS's product quality/industrial design, I'm not betting on it...





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young woman
  • queen elizabeth ii young woman



  • Howdr
    Mar 18, 01:10 PM
    Look I'm not childish or demanding I just disagree with the way At&t has sucked many of us into the Unlimited plan from the beginning. After a time we all had it and they came out with the secrete 5GB idea. You want posts of me complaining back in 2008? Why ? I don't have to prove anything to anyone to state my opinion and dislike of the policy.

    Don't point the finger at me and say I'm stealing, I paid for my internet use every month for over 3 years now.

    I'll cut back on the righteous talk if the finger pointing stops.

    I do not tether on a regular basis and have not for 6 months.

    I do not Download with my phone except apps and docs.

    I agree there can be abuse even with unlimited

    (ie: the people who claim 90 and 120Gb a month DL)



    You feel your right,

    I feel I'm right,

    we disagree, end of story :cool:

    Also At&t will do this from time to time and unless something changes that stops them there is nothing we can do about it.





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young woman
  • queen elizabeth ii young woman



  • Squonk
    Aug 29, 11:18 AM
    I wonder if they mentioned the fact that Dell has made the computer a disposable purchase with their $299 PCs. I'm serious people buy a new Dell every few years because they are garbage. Do you honestly think people give them back for recycling. They sell them on ebay or craigslist, and the new owner after about a year puts them in the dumpster. With Apple people keep their machines much longer, and are much more likely to recycle them because they are smaller and easier to take to a recycling center (no CRT). This alone makes Apple greener then Dell.

    I was thinking along the same lines. Over the course of 4 PC's in my household, I have only had 2 macs and these have always been my primary machines. I don't want to part with my 5 year old iMac, it still serves me well for basic surfing and audio streaming needs.

    But, the point of the article is that the machines that Apple makes are not as eco friendly as the other manufacturers. Of course, if you looked at the units shipped, wouldn't Dell be less friendly. Aka, they are "making it up" on volume?

    If this article is true, then Apple needs to improve what they are doing. It's that simple. The truth hurts when it hits so close to our hearts...





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young woman
  • queen elizabeth ii young woman



  • iBug2
    Apr 20, 08:16 PM
    unless you really really want widgets and Flash, otherwise I can't think of anything better on Android.

    Btw: my Prius gets much better gas mileage than a Ferrari. :)

    True, I forgot about gas mileage totally. :) And the hell with Flash on a phone, even if my phone opened flash, I'd disable it :)





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. Queen Elizabeth II in Angela
  • Queen Elizabeth II in Angela



  • Liquorpuki
    Mar 14, 06:20 PM
    I beg to differ: your electricity consumption is shocking too. It's all that AC. We Brits always made do with punkah wallahs. Useful local employment opportunities and saves on polluting the atmosphere, too. You have a ready supply of "illegals" who would jump at the chance.

    Then you're probably more shocked at the Canadians, Norwegians, and Swedes, who consume more power per person than Americans do. Iceland consumes twice as much per person than us. And they don't even use AC.





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young woman
  • queen elizabeth ii young woman



  • benixau
    Oct 12, 03:22 PM
    If you want to get exceptional mathematical performance then why are you getting a micro computer???? I cannot out-type my computer and i cannot do mathematical functions fater than it, or even excel with all of its overhead.

    BTW, my g4 is soooo slow at doing maths functions that i finished an assignment a whole 5mins ahead of a mate. In excel. these were some serious slowdown stuff, 10 cross-referenced, dependently linked, nested functions sheets. Now my mac only has 2 867s with 256ddr, his p4 2.53 with 512 couldnt beat me, WITH WIN95.


    Now any more real world tests you would like????:D





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young woman
  • queen elizabeth ii young woman



  • balamw
    Apr 10, 08:08 AM
    You can easily elect to manage your music files yourself, rather than have iTunes do it. That's the method I prefer, as my organization is better than theirs. All you have to do is uncheck the following boxes in iTunes Preferences:

    For switchers in particular I do think it is worthwhile to leave the defaults as they are and understand what the defaults are and why before they try to impose something else.

    As you said about the heat issue: They just need to adjust their thinking.

    My giving in to iTunes on Windows was the first step on my way back to Apple. It's not perfect, but it is "good enough" so that the value I get by not having to deal with it myself far outweighs the lack of perfection.

    If you've tried the standard/recommended way for a while and it doesn't work then try looking for alternatives.

    It's just like the lack of cut and paste in Finder. Try working without it for a while, use multiple Finder columns and windows. If you really don't like it, then try Path Finder or something like that.

    B





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young
  • queen elizabeth ii young



  • mixel
    Apr 9, 06:23 PM
    iOS needs big games. I hope having these guys in PR can help persuade big studios to give iOS better support. I mean treating it as a legitimate platform for premium content not just cut down stuff.

    As others have said.. An official add-on with buttons and analogue sticks would be really interesting. That single simple gadget would be a blow to the NGP & 3DS. Ideally it'd have a separate battery in to make long gaming sessions more viable. Mmmm.

    Touch can't totally replace tactile controls, even if it's great for some genres there are others where it falls flat, and I'd like those genres to be represented properly on iOS. If Apple really want to attack the 'hardcore' gaming portables it'd make sense.

    Obviously they can continue on the touch/gyro only path they're on now but it's still limiting the game developers.





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. Queen Elizabeth II: Head
  • Queen Elizabeth II: Head



  • archipellago
    May 2, 04:41 PM
    That's completely false. The current installed base of Macs is around 100 million, and it grows by over a million Macs per month. You don't need a certain percentage of market share for a useful botnet; you need numbers. You talking to a handful of hackers is hardly conclusive. I can interview a handful of people in my neighborhood and find a consensus on any number of falsehoods. Get some facts (rather than making stuff up) and then re-join the discussion.


    trying to stick to facts...

    OSX marketshare was just shy of 50 mill as announced by Tim Cook at his 'state of the mac address' in October last year...

    will be higher now...but not massively so..

    heres a link to help you..

    http://www.bgr.com/2010/10/20/apple-cfo-tim-cook-details-state-of-the-mac/

    apology by PM or in the thread is fine. :p;):rolleyes:





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young woman
  • queen elizabeth ii young woman



  • Bill McEnaney
    Mar 27, 04:50 PM
    I think being Catholic is a psychological problem, but it doesn't mean that I have any desire to deny Catholics the same rights as anyone else.
    What rights do you mean: civil ones, merely legal ones, human ones, moral ones, or any combination of these? When I discuss rights with liberal, they seldom say what kinds of rights they're talking about, and they never tell me what a right is as such. Many liberals seem to love ambiguity. Ambiguity confuses me thoroughly. To see why, talk with a few postmodernists who refuse to define their jargon. They refuse to define it because they want to keep reinterpreting it.

    This sentence (or phrase) is completely unintelligible.
    Sorry, I wrote impulsively and didn't proofread what I wrote. Some here say there's no evidence that homosexuality has psychological and/or environmental causes. I think it has both. But it's one thing to say that there's no evidence for what someone believes. It's something else to say that, although there is such evidence, no one has discovered it yet.





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young woman
  • queen elizabeth ii young woman



  • skunk
    Mar 27, 07:46 PM
    If I've harmed anyone in anyone in any way, I want to hear about that from the harmed ones. Everyone here is welcome to his opinion about me. If anyone here hates me, he's welcome to say so publicly or privately. But I think I'm the only one here who knows whether I hate anyone. We're strangers to one another.I do not hate you in the least, but I do recognise hateful, dogmatic propaganda when I see it.





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young woman
  • queen elizabeth ii young woman



  • skellener
    Sep 12, 07:24 PM
    At $2 a pop I'd be out maybe $6 per month.

    Most shows air once a week so that's 3-5 times a month. So even 1 show will cost you $6-$10. So sure, if you watch one televison show (say LOST) at 3-5 episodes a month your doing fine. I would imagine most people take in 5 shows (3-5 episodes a month) or more per month. That's $30-$50 already for only 5 televison shows a month. $50 gets me all the standard and HD channels on DirecTV. iTunes is still not at that quality/price point yet.





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young
  • queen elizabeth ii young



  • go4koko
    May 31, 06:53 PM
    Ok...so here's the deal...

    I've been on AT&T for over a year now, using an iPhone 3g. No dropped calls at all, 5 bars everywhere in my area, and full 3G coverage.

    Verizon has 0 bars in my area, and their phones are crap...

    Way to go AT&T!

    WTF? Why do people buy phones without knowing if they work in their areas first? If I went by what people say on these boards, I'd have bought a Verizon phone that wouldn't work in my area, and on a phone that's crap....

    STOP MAKING PURCHASING DECISIONS BASED ON OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS!

    :apple: How would you go about finding out if a phone or carrier service worked in a certain area if you didn't consult other people or credible sources? Wouldn't you have to make a decision based on 'Other Peoples Opinions' in order to find out? If you know Verizon service yields 0 bars in your area do you know this as a previous Verizon service customer, consult someone directly or take the 'Opinion' of the AT&T salesman?

    Are you so inflexible as to believe no one in the universe has occasional connection problems? Do you live under an AT&T tower and never stray far from it? I'm looking to get an iPhone in 2 months and I hope it really is as reliable as you describe.





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. Guess who met Queen Elizabeth
  • Guess who met Queen Elizabeth



  • OllyW
    Apr 28, 08:25 AM
    Apple leads. The PC you use today runs an OS that got its inspiration from Apple popularizing the GUI in the marketplace. The smart phone you use today gets its design cues from the iPhone.

    I'm not really that surprised that my iMac and iPhone get their inspiration and design cues from Apple. :p





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young woman
  • queen elizabeth ii young woman



  • emil.lofman
    Aug 29, 12:53 PM
    I just gave examples in my post. Groups like this want to stop business and the growth of the American economy. That's their agenda. Why isn't greenpeace over in China or Indian demanding cleaner emissions from their cars/power plants/industry? Ever been to Shanghai? Good luck seeing over 100 feet from the smog. That's on a good day. Those two countries are killing the environment, but it's all Apple's fault according to GP. Give me a break.

    I think you've missed something here. Greenpeace did not, infact, state that Apple is solely responsible for killing the environment.

    When China and India begins polluting as much as most western countries do per capita, that's when we're in trouble.

    I would guess the industries in India and China are exporting quite a lot of goods to the western world, which makes us morally responsible. To make a real bad analogy, a prostitute with no customers is not a prositute.

    Greenpeace probably doesn't have much of a chance to raise awareness on environmental issues in either China, a country were there is no freedom of speech, or India, were a large part of the population is preoccupied with being really, really poor and therefore has no time to spare for macrumors.

    You seem really intelligent by the way - you'll probably do great in high school.





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young woman
  • queen elizabeth ii young woman



  • G58
    Oct 8, 03:32 AM
    Three questions:

    Are Gartner talking about the US market or the World market?

    Is this guess based on 40 different Android handsets?

    What number of iPhone carriers did they model?

    This is not only the kind of dumb prediction that so exercises Nassim Talib, it is utterly meaningless and almost certainly wrong.

    If you look at the two platforms, it's clear one [Apple's iPhone] is on a clear path that's now 28 months old. The other [Google et al's Android] is barely out of diapers, with one model down and the latest not exactly pulling up any tree roots yet.

    The old 'build it and they will come' maxim only works if what you're selling is what people want. And that's the great unknown. Actually it's an unknowable unknown. But we do have some clues.

    Apple has a loyal following and a great reputation for selling reliable software and hardware in one package. And that, as anyone who's bought a Nokia from Orange UK recently will know, is a much better solution. Oh, and women won't buy anything called 'Android'.

    I have no idea what shape the Android market will be in in two years time, but I predict two things: With 40 different models, each with a vast array of different functionality, from any number of manufacturers, they have a compatibility nightmare on their hands, and absolutely no chance of creating any kind of buzz. Indeed, Microsoft have a better chance with whatever vision of ugliness they eventually spew out!

    So, my fellow Macrumors posters, how about a wager?

    I predict the true situation by 2012 will not be as Gartner suggest. I believe Apple will have their iPhone available all over the World with multiple carriers in each region, and that Apple's iPhone App, not Android will be in the number one spot. Indeed, I question whether the experiment will grow much beyond a techie wet dream.

    I also predict that the Kindle will end up remaindered by the end of 2012. The only thing that might upset this is if they pull a colour screen and better battery out of the bag, and beat Apple's iPad on features and price. I don't see Amazon making that level of R&D investment, or being capable of leveraging that kind of buying power - ever.





    queen elizabeth ii young woman. queen elizabeth ii young woman
  • queen elizabeth ii young woman



  • twoodcc
    Oct 10, 10:32 AM
    it's too early to tell yet. this is all just speculation at this point. wait until more android phones and android 1.5 is out first





    starflyer
    Apr 15, 11:01 AM
    Ehh...I agree with you that bullying period, causes alot of pain. The only difference is, you can do situps to "fit in"...these kids are who they are. Kinda Apples and Oranges

    What about the ugly kids?





    AppliedVisual
    Oct 30, 11:49 PM
    I already have a bunch of Adaptec eSATA/USB2 SATA enclosures that say they only work as USB2 on Macs. But I wonder if they won't work on any eSATA PCIe card we can put into the Mac Pro. How expensive are those eSATA PCIe cards anyway?

    I don't know why it wouldn't work... In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen eSATA enclosures advertised as working with a Mac. I'll see if I can find one.

    BTW I find USB2 HD hook ups to be far less problematic and just as fast or faster than FW hooks ups. Is that true?

    I've had pretty much the same luck... Some USB2 devices struggle a bit due to the onboard USB2 chipset, but for the most part, they're equivalent to FW400 (with a max rate of 480Mbps) and USB2 handles traffic from multiple devices better than firewire. OTOH, lots of older Mac systems, especially those Powerbook G4s, struggled with USB2 and often exhibited poor performance. But overall, I think USB2 has a bad reputation that it didn't deserve to get stuck with. In my experience having owned quite a few USB2 storage devices, I find that poor performance is more the fault of the device maker than the interface itself as I've got some hard drives - like a couple of my external Maxtor units, that perform blazingly fast and in no way slower on USB2 than when connected via FW.





    eawmp1
    Apr 22, 08:14 PM
    Didn't you know? Aside from owning Apple products it's also quite trendy being an atheist. They think they don't need to back up their points with Reason or facts so it's a kind of intellectual laziness which compels most people.

    I'm not saying that I'm a devout Christian or anything of the sort, I'm agnostic, but it's based on Reason.

    What a lazy, unreasonable opinion.


    Tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday comes afterward;

    OP - how can one believe is a compassionate god when there are lyrics like these in the world?





    Penfold2711
    Apr 21, 07:02 AM
    I love the title simply because it reads like its discussing Steve Jobs' involvement in fragmenting Android :D

    Maybe thats why Steve has gone missing he's on a secret mission I can imagine Steve in dark glasses a trench coat and a hat running around google HQ with his macbook pro as we speak :D





    greenstork
    Sep 12, 04:50 PM
    There's no need for DVR functionality. Apple will replace your cable subscription. You just subscribe to the shows you want and al la carte other shows after that. Networks will probably even do the season premieres free to get you hooked or add sponsor the shows to make them free. TV on demand is obviously the next wave - even the cable companies know it and have on demand etc. I mean not to be racist but I'm happy to stop paying comcast for the 10+ stations that are in languages I don't even speak. I barely speak english - hahaha.

    In conclusion - its the same data - just different timing.

    Except the quality just won't be there yet with this device. As everyone runs out to buy flat screen TVs this year and next, they're going to get home and want to play iTunes movies only to be completely dismayed by the 640x480 content/quality. 4:3 resolution, yuck :confused:

    I know it's 802.11 and certainly features an HDMI out, but streaming 720p HD TV takes about 480 Mbps of bandwith, according to Ars:http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060906-7681.html Even 802.11n would have trouble with an uncompressed 720p signal, so quality will most likely be compromised as streaming video is increasingly compressed.

    I'm happy to ditch Comcast's 25 shopping channels, in favor of a paid siubscription model, but I'm guessing that the cable & satellite companies are going to do HD a heck of a lot better than Apple.

    And in the meantime, Apple's selection of TV shows kinda blows. There are one or two that I like that are available, and 10 shows that I love that are completely missing. Until everything I might want to watch is available, there's no way I'm ditching my cable company, and this may never happen.

    Television content providers and producers are beholden to advertisers, who need a medium to peddle their wares. These advertisers hate this Apple subscription model, which I'm guessing is one of the big reasons why the iTV doesn't have any DVR capabilities.

    Those companies that distribute television and movies (like Apple et al.) -- that are in bed with the content providers, don't really support/sell DVRs -- with the possible exception of the cable & satellite companies themselves, who have monopoly-like power.

    I'm sure TiVo would have loved to implement a movie store years ago but the content providers hate TiVo. As cynical as it sounds, the only way you're going to get all of the technological functionality that you want is if you build it yourself or tolerate advertisements.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment