milo
Jul 19, 04:49 PM
No, 75% of Macs sold in the last 3 months were Intels
That's exactly what I meant. I still think that's very impressive.
That's exactly what I meant. I still think that's very impressive.
SciFrog
Nov 8, 08:51 PM
Well it is not supported, same as running GPU on Linux... Only difference is that they are so many doing so that they figured it out...

zap2
Sep 1, 12:04 PM
i Doubt it..a 23'' seems like its really stepping into "Pro" Computer area..
Jswoosh
Apr 19, 12:49 PM
Yes haha this made my day. Looking forward to my first iMac!!

toddybody
Mar 24, 01:39 PM
Well, that's because all of Apple's other products are constrained by power and/or space requirements.
Meh, yes and no. For their integrated desktops (iMac)...pws and space are certainly an issue (especially since it doesn't have an accessibly PCI E slot for heavens sake). Now for MP's on the other hand...I dont think it would be an issue: accessible PCI E slots + ample chassis space + stock PWS capable of handling an HD 5870 or Crossfired 5770's. A 6970 shouldnt be a problem.
anyways(no snarkiness implied)...who said crossfire wasnt supported? The MacPro CAN be configured with 2x5770's.
Meh, yes and no. For their integrated desktops (iMac)...pws and space are certainly an issue (especially since it doesn't have an accessibly PCI E slot for heavens sake). Now for MP's on the other hand...I dont think it would be an issue: accessible PCI E slots + ample chassis space + stock PWS capable of handling an HD 5870 or Crossfired 5770's. A 6970 shouldnt be a problem.
anyways(no snarkiness implied)...who said crossfire wasnt supported? The MacPro CAN be configured with 2x5770's.
daneoni
Aug 7, 04:58 AM
Not too brag or anything :D but it works out great for us in UK. Get in from work 5.30pm / open a beer / macrumors / keynote 6pm / tears of joy / rob bank 9pm / buy mac pro :D
Agreed. I dont have anything to do so might just head to my apple store and view some of the boring presentations respond to some emails/forums..might even meet a looker (anyone noticed there are some attractive women in apple stores). Order some takeout and come home and lounge to MR. Then order a MacPro/MacBook Pro.....Good times.
Agreed. I dont have anything to do so might just head to my apple store and view some of the boring presentations respond to some emails/forums..might even meet a looker (anyone noticed there are some attractive women in apple stores). Order some takeout and come home and lounge to MR. Then order a MacPro/MacBook Pro.....Good times.

NebulaClash
Sep 14, 10:00 AM
I guess you don't read the news. Toyota has recalled millions of vehicles this year, even though not every owner of those vehicles was specifically experiencing the problem.
I guess you don't read my posts carefully. I said what you said, that Toyota issues a recall, but the onus is on the owner to bring in the vehicle for servicing. Exactly as Apple has now done: if you experience a problem, let them know and you can get a free bumper.
To Consumer Reports this is an unacceptable way to deal with a design flaw. If it's Apple. For Toyota, it's fine and considered the normal way to handle a design flaw.
I guess you don't read my posts carefully. I said what you said, that Toyota issues a recall, but the onus is on the owner to bring in the vehicle for servicing. Exactly as Apple has now done: if you experience a problem, let them know and you can get a free bumper.
To Consumer Reports this is an unacceptable way to deal with a design flaw. If it's Apple. For Toyota, it's fine and considered the normal way to handle a design flaw.
Homy
Jan 3, 09:39 AM
iMac 17" is not in stock anywhere in european Apple Stores and other web shops. Ships after 3 days, it says. In Canada all iMacs ship after 3-5 days.:cool:

AppleScruff1
Apr 21, 05:57 PM
If this was about Microsoft or Google it would already be 20 pages long.
mfram
Feb 26, 02:31 PM
So when will automakers sell a compact pickup with a 2 liter diesel in the US? I want a diesel pick up. But I don't want a behemoth that requires a ladder to enter and hogs 2/3 of a 2 car garage.:p
I prefer diesel in a work truck for three reasons: torque, torque and torque.
Don't know about trucks, but Volkswagon has been selling 2.0L 4-cyl diesel engines for a while. You can get a Jetta Wagon TDI.... but that's not quite the same as a truck.
I personally own a Jetta TDI sedan. It's a nice engine.
I prefer diesel in a work truck for three reasons: torque, torque and torque.
Don't know about trucks, but Volkswagon has been selling 2.0L 4-cyl diesel engines for a while. You can get a Jetta Wagon TDI.... but that's not quite the same as a truck.
I personally own a Jetta TDI sedan. It's a nice engine.
AvSRoCkCO1067
Aug 16, 09:11 AM
Compete with Zune? Seriously? Zune is even on Apple's radar?
Let me get this straight, maybe I'm mistaken. Is this the same Zune that was announced that it will "play music! videos! games! ... wait... no, we changed our minds... no games. And videos? Yeah we can't quite get that to work, it won't do that either. But it plays music! And looks like an iPod... except its a tad on the fugly side...."
Please. Apple already has something to compete with this, its called the iPod. Who needs wireless??
Actually...it's called the iPod 4G :p .
Apple's already a generation ahead of the 'Zune' - wireless, unless providing a way to purchase songs on the go, is completely and utterly...useless :) .
Let me get this straight, maybe I'm mistaken. Is this the same Zune that was announced that it will "play music! videos! games! ... wait... no, we changed our minds... no games. And videos? Yeah we can't quite get that to work, it won't do that either. But it plays music! And looks like an iPod... except its a tad on the fugly side...."
Please. Apple already has something to compete with this, its called the iPod. Who needs wireless??
Actually...it's called the iPod 4G :p .
Apple's already a generation ahead of the 'Zune' - wireless, unless providing a way to purchase songs on the go, is completely and utterly...useless :) .
whoooaaahhhh
Sep 1, 12:02 PM
I think this rumor should be taken with a grain of salt. It seems highly unlikely a 23 inch imac would emerge (or even should emerge). ;)
I couldn't disagree with you more.
This size represents the iMac that can display Full resolution 1080p HD content. If they introduce this and then eventually throw a Blu-ray in there they've got the killer combination. Front Row is already setup to be a home-theatre replacement. I mean come on, it's basically an HDTV...it's 1080p, it's got a remote, and it's got front row... This will sell like crack... Digital crack...
I couldn't disagree with you more.
This size represents the iMac that can display Full resolution 1080p HD content. If they introduce this and then eventually throw a Blu-ray in there they've got the killer combination. Front Row is already setup to be a home-theatre replacement. I mean come on, it's basically an HDTV...it's 1080p, it's got a remote, and it's got front row... This will sell like crack... Digital crack...

MattG
Nov 29, 02:43 PM
For the love of god Steve, you need to come out with a TiVo/Media Center PC KILLER. I would love to see that.
DRewPi
Sep 5, 08:27 AM
Well something is happening since the store is down that should be good newz for at least today !!!! we should see some upgrade of a kind, probably the mini with some shiny new MBP C2D !!!
GO APPLE !!! :D :) ;)
GO APPLE !!! :D :) ;)
Sydde
Mar 19, 04:32 PM
In an environment of Fart apps and birds exploding in clouds of feathers, enter an app called "Exodus International". Obviously, it is Christian in nature (well, Exodus was in the Torah, so I suppose it could in theory be Jewish), its main focus being as a tool to help homosexuals recover from the f'upedness with the healing hand of jesus (lord, save us from your followers). So, yeah, whilst the concept is lame or offensive, there is a fair abundance of that on the app store already.
So, now some are calling for its removal. Is that the right thing to do? I mean, clearly a person whose sexual orientation is corrected by the church inevitably becomes just miserable and insufferable, the hallmarks of someone trying to be something they are not. A small minority are advocating a view that has soundly been debunked because the idea that a few of the wrong kind of people might exist and offend their sensibilities (quid pro quo).
Does this app represent nothing more than plain foolishness, some misguided folks expressing their opinion and showing that they care for others? Or is it an attempt to perpetuate a vile and dangerous mth that has cause inestimable pain and misery for as long as recorded history? And can I use it to... Oh, wait... :eek:
So, now some are calling for its removal. Is that the right thing to do? I mean, clearly a person whose sexual orientation is corrected by the church inevitably becomes just miserable and insufferable, the hallmarks of someone trying to be something they are not. A small minority are advocating a view that has soundly been debunked because the idea that a few of the wrong kind of people might exist and offend their sensibilities (quid pro quo).
Does this app represent nothing more than plain foolishness, some misguided folks expressing their opinion and showing that they care for others? Or is it an attempt to perpetuate a vile and dangerous mth that has cause inestimable pain and misery for as long as recorded history? And can I use it to... Oh, wait... :eek:

ajkrause
Sep 1, 01:41 PM
Weel you could have returned it for a 10% restocking fee up to 10 days after purchase and bought the 17" then. Did you not know that? :confused:
I did. Unfortunately, I was on vacation in Cuba at the time. I came to find out about the upgrade almost 3 weeks later when I got back and by then it was too late. By the way, in the store they told me the restocking fee was 15%.
I did. Unfortunately, I was on vacation in Cuba at the time. I came to find out about the upgrade almost 3 weeks later when I got back and by then it was too late. By the way, in the store they told me the restocking fee was 15%.
roland.g
Sep 1, 12:49 PM
23" Imac is a great size. Add HD resolution then that's great.
I would love to see dual display support. But I highly doubt they will allow it. Apple wants to make sure there is a distinction between their consumer and pro line. It would be cool to have the Imac 23" with a 23" Cinema display next to it.
You can already do that. The current iMacs support dual display, just not the 30"
I would love to see dual display support. But I highly doubt they will allow it. Apple wants to make sure there is a distinction between their consumer and pro line. It would be cool to have the Imac 23" with a 23" Cinema display next to it.
You can already do that. The current iMacs support dual display, just not the 30"
Gem�tlichkeit
Apr 26, 02:16 PM
If you guys can't differentiate between the use of "application" or "program" and "app store" vs "appstore" then I'm clearly wasting my time haha.

macnews
Nov 15, 03:09 PM
Any one have an idea how this might affect OSX server usage? I am starting the process of looking to add another X serve and while I like the Woodcrest numbers I see, will Clovertown be a huge impact?
I normally run AFP, Mail, FTP, web services, LDAP and want to add QT streaming server along with some new features in Tiger which I hope get improved upon in Leapord.
My gut says 8 cores would give some performance improvements but I'm sure other's out there know more than I....
I normally run AFP, Mail, FTP, web services, LDAP and want to add QT streaming server along with some new features in Tiger which I hope get improved upon in Leapord.
My gut says 8 cores would give some performance improvements but I'm sure other's out there know more than I....
Tonsko
Jan 7, 04:14 AM
weyhay, another R32 owner! But yeh. Petrol is a killer.
heffemonkeyman
Sep 6, 08:34 PM
Planet Germany ;) The not so expensive part of it though (other Germans are quite surprised too). Macs are pretty expensive here though, IMHO. And there isn't a single store you can get Macs... in a town with 200000 people or so. Oh well...
Wie Geht's!
In most major US cities (I'm in Seattle) 1st run movies in the theaters are over $10.
So $9.99 for a movie download starts to look more reasonable...
Wie Geht's!
In most major US cities (I'm in Seattle) 1st run movies in the theaters are over $10.
So $9.99 for a movie download starts to look more reasonable...
jlyanks85
Nov 23, 07:14 PM
http://www.actfluoride.com/professional/proimages/two_bottle_restoring.png
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0009F3N8C/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=3760911&s=beauty
Nothing major, but still a purchase lol
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0009F3N8C/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=3760911&s=beauty
Nothing major, but still a purchase lol
hayesk
Apr 12, 10:10 PM
iLife has done this for years and now Aperture is doing the same thing. Frankly, I prefer it to the old way.
You realize that you'll be on Aperture 5 before you spend more money than just buying 3 outright. The upgrade from 2 to 3 cost more than just buying 3 on the app store.
Why do you want to spend more money?
You realize that you'll be on Aperture 5 before you spend more money than just buying 3 outright. The upgrade from 2 to 3 cost more than just buying 3 on the app store.
Why do you want to spend more money?
Chef Medeski
Jul 14, 11:49 AM
The real deal about codecs from Wikepedia:
HD DVD:
the same video compression techniques: MPEG-2, Video Codec 1 (VC1) and H.264/MPEG-4 AVC.
HD DVD can be mastered with up to 7.1 channel surround sound using the linear (uncompressed) PCM, Dolby Digital and DTS formats also used on DVDs. In addition, it also supports Dolby Digital Plus and the lossless formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD.
BD:
decode at least the following codecs: MPEG-2, the standard used for DVDs; MPEG-4's H.264/AVC codec; and VC-1, a codec based on Microsoft's Windows Media 9. Realistically, when using MPEG-2, quality considerations would limit the publisher to around two hours of high-definition content on a single-layer BD-ROM. The two more advanced video codecs can typically attain four hours of high quality video.
For audio, BD-ROM supports up to 7.1 channel surround sound using the linear (uncompressed) PCM, Dolby Digital and DTS formats also used on DVDs. In addition, it also supports Dolby Digital Plus and the lossless formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD.
So, easily seen. The employ the exact same codecs. The only difference is:
BD:
Stricter DRM control
Much More Scratch Resistant
Greater future capacites
HD-DVD:
Cheaper to manufacture
And if Toshiba can make a 6-layer disc... well then that means a 90GB HD-DVD..... not bad. That would pull it in right above the total capacity of my PB HD.
HD DVD:
the same video compression techniques: MPEG-2, Video Codec 1 (VC1) and H.264/MPEG-4 AVC.
HD DVD can be mastered with up to 7.1 channel surround sound using the linear (uncompressed) PCM, Dolby Digital and DTS formats also used on DVDs. In addition, it also supports Dolby Digital Plus and the lossless formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD.
BD:
decode at least the following codecs: MPEG-2, the standard used for DVDs; MPEG-4's H.264/AVC codec; and VC-1, a codec based on Microsoft's Windows Media 9. Realistically, when using MPEG-2, quality considerations would limit the publisher to around two hours of high-definition content on a single-layer BD-ROM. The two more advanced video codecs can typically attain four hours of high quality video.
For audio, BD-ROM supports up to 7.1 channel surround sound using the linear (uncompressed) PCM, Dolby Digital and DTS formats also used on DVDs. In addition, it also supports Dolby Digital Plus and the lossless formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD.
So, easily seen. The employ the exact same codecs. The only difference is:
BD:
Stricter DRM control
Much More Scratch Resistant
Greater future capacites
HD-DVD:
Cheaper to manufacture
And if Toshiba can make a 6-layer disc... well then that means a 90GB HD-DVD..... not bad. That would pull it in right above the total capacity of my PB HD.
No comments:
Post a Comment