mrkramer
Jan 13, 01:52 AM
this is crap,
no one in their right mind would make something with 0 ports, you have to at a bare minimum have an audio out.
I agree that it probably won't have no ports, I think it will at least have 1 USB and 1 Firewire, but other than that everything could be done wirelessly, and if Apple wants to make the notebook thinner than the ports are then they may use their patent for collapsible ports that they made a while back.
no one in their right mind would make something with 0 ports, you have to at a bare minimum have an audio out.
I agree that it probably won't have no ports, I think it will at least have 1 USB and 1 Firewire, but other than that everything could be done wirelessly, and if Apple wants to make the notebook thinner than the ports are then they may use their patent for collapsible ports that they made a while back.
Bromac
Sep 27, 11:05 AM
I donot know what i can say
Get the 4. It's awsome!!!!!Everybody gets a cover for there iphone anyways. You will not be disappointed.
Get the 4. It's awsome!!!!!Everybody gets a cover for there iphone anyways. You will not be disappointed.
Denarius
Mar 22, 03:53 PM
And we all know how much the English enjoy annoying the French. :)
lol
lol
Slix
May 2, 07:28 PM
Also forgot to say, isn't the Library folder hidden by default in Lion? For the standard user, why would you want to delete the files that you don't even know that are there?
Phishin' it
Oct 23, 07:53 AM
What are the chances the macbooks will be updated at the same time as the pros?
emotion
Aug 16, 07:43 AM
I wish whoever posted this would get it straight - Microsoft is coming out with zune to compete with iPod. They are the one with the new product that will inevitably suck.
I don't understand why this post says that Apple is coming out with wireless capabilities to compete with zune - if nobody has wireless out yet, then there is not much a competition. And it certainly isn't Apple hoping to be the ones to catch up.
At least Apple seem to be avoiding standing still. That's a good thing as it's hard to stay at the top of the market forever. Especially when MS are concerned.
I don't understand why this post says that Apple is coming out with wireless capabilities to compete with zune - if nobody has wireless out yet, then there is not much a competition. And it certainly isn't Apple hoping to be the ones to catch up.
At least Apple seem to be avoiding standing still. That's a good thing as it's hard to stay at the top of the market forever. Especially when MS are concerned.
Chundles
Nov 15, 08:08 AM
They say that the changes in speed aren't going to effect most people because the programs aren't written for multiple cores. Do you think that we are going to see more consumer apps optimized for multiple processors, or do you think that it just isn't needed?
P-Worm
They're going to have to go multi-thread capable, demands on consumer software is only going to increase as we take what is cutting edge today and integrate it into everyday life.
They're going to need every ounce of grunt they can find. Especially when HD video content becomes the norm - encoding that takes some serious brawn and consumers aren't willing to wait for their results, they don't understand the processes behind it like Pros do, consumers want it all done right now so the quicker we get software over to multi-thread aware the better.
How long before it ends up in the MacBook Pro?
(joking)
Next Tuesday...
P-Worm
They're going to have to go multi-thread capable, demands on consumer software is only going to increase as we take what is cutting edge today and integrate it into everyday life.
They're going to need every ounce of grunt they can find. Especially when HD video content becomes the norm - encoding that takes some serious brawn and consumers aren't willing to wait for their results, they don't understand the processes behind it like Pros do, consumers want it all done right now so the quicker we get software over to multi-thread aware the better.
How long before it ends up in the MacBook Pro?
(joking)
Next Tuesday...
ValSalva
Jun 22, 01:21 PM
Secondly - why? Is taking your hand off of a mouse to touch the safari icon on the screen somehow easier than just clicking on it with the cursor? Is there some advantage to typing by touching the screen rather than a keyboard?
Exactly. When did the keyboard and mouse become public enemy number 1? These technologies have been perfected over years and years of real use.
If Apple introduces a touch iMac it's clearly a money grab, to sucker the public into thinking touch is somehow superior when in fact it is vastly inferior on a desktop monitor.
Exactly. When did the keyboard and mouse become public enemy number 1? These technologies have been perfected over years and years of real use.
If Apple introduces a touch iMac it's clearly a money grab, to sucker the public into thinking touch is somehow superior when in fact it is vastly inferior on a desktop monitor.
vansouza
Sep 1, 12:09 PM
Just how I feel about just what I have been waiting for... let it be...
Zelnaga
Feb 18, 03:20 PM
No major additions, just an iPad, TrackPad and a canvas of SJ (yes am a fanboi lol)
Apologies images taken using iPhone in low light
<SNIP>
Sweet. What stand do you have for your iPad?
Apologies images taken using iPhone in low light
<SNIP>
Sweet. What stand do you have for your iPad?
DavidLeblond
Aug 7, 07:23 AM
Heh, not only is that tag-line funny, but it's funny 'cause it's true. "Hasta la vista, vista"? That's great too. Paul's obviously irritated by it, and also annoyed by the fact that Apple marketshare is in fact growing, despite his disbelief in its ability ever to do so.
Paul's not a bad guy, in fact sometimes I think he's on the fence about what product to support. Look at the crap he writes. He'll praise Mac OS but then say something completely assinine such as "That feature's great, too bad they stole it from Longhorn!"
Then he'll praise the innovativeness of Vista, and in the next breath talk about how much of a piece of crap it is.
My favorite is when he says how awesome IE7 is... but he won't actually USE it, he uses Firefox. And he'll praise Ubuntu any chance he gets. I'm sure that REALLY steams Microsoft's shorts!
He gets paid to write about Windows, so of course he's going to issue it more praise and talk trash about Apple more. But pay close attention to the bad things he says about Mac OS and the bad things he said about Windows... he has a lot more bad things to say about Windows... his arguments about Mac OS are usually the stupid things like making fun of their marketshare. *yawn*
Paul's not a bad guy, in fact sometimes I think he's on the fence about what product to support. Look at the crap he writes. He'll praise Mac OS but then say something completely assinine such as "That feature's great, too bad they stole it from Longhorn!"
Then he'll praise the innovativeness of Vista, and in the next breath talk about how much of a piece of crap it is.
My favorite is when he says how awesome IE7 is... but he won't actually USE it, he uses Firefox. And he'll praise Ubuntu any chance he gets. I'm sure that REALLY steams Microsoft's shorts!
He gets paid to write about Windows, so of course he's going to issue it more praise and talk trash about Apple more. But pay close attention to the bad things he says about Mac OS and the bad things he said about Windows... he has a lot more bad things to say about Windows... his arguments about Mac OS are usually the stupid things like making fun of their marketshare. *yawn*
Tmelon
Mar 31, 04:53 PM
Umm i hope the hell you can change it back? if not well ill no longer be using ical ill find something else.
The color really means that much to you?
The color really means that much to you?
kingtj
Mar 22, 04:56 PM
For starters, current models of iPods can also hold podcasts, photo collections and other video! If you have a good sized music collection and/or any of this other stuff? Yes, filling 220GB is VERY possible!
Beyond that, though? I'm in the camp of people who really like the iPod Classic. The "touch" models are less appropriate to leave in a car, attached to a stereo system. My 120GB Classic spends 90% of its time in my car, inside the glove-box, attached to an interface cable. I usually only pull it out when I want to update it in some manner, or when I'm actually headed out someplace like a park where I might want to stick a pair of headphones in it and use it. The iPod Touch is more of an all-purpose "pocket computer" that you can play games on and everything else. Fine, but sometimes you just want a good device with plenty of storage space that plays your media.
Do people seriously have that many songs?!!! seriously?!!!
220gb = 50,000 songs?!!!!! That is totally not necessary.
Apple discontinue that dinosaur! It makes you look bad to just have it on your website.
Beyond that, though? I'm in the camp of people who really like the iPod Classic. The "touch" models are less appropriate to leave in a car, attached to a stereo system. My 120GB Classic spends 90% of its time in my car, inside the glove-box, attached to an interface cable. I usually only pull it out when I want to update it in some manner, or when I'm actually headed out someplace like a park where I might want to stick a pair of headphones in it and use it. The iPod Touch is more of an all-purpose "pocket computer" that you can play games on and everything else. Fine, but sometimes you just want a good device with plenty of storage space that plays your media.
Do people seriously have that many songs?!!! seriously?!!!
220gb = 50,000 songs?!!!!! That is totally not necessary.
Apple discontinue that dinosaur! It makes you look bad to just have it on your website.
Blakeco123
Apr 12, 08:25 PM
I really hope this update is as good as they say. If it is I'll switch from FCE to FCP
sorepheet
Apr 11, 07:31 AM
Currently own a 2007 Toyota Yaris manual transmission and LOVE it! Average 33 MPG, best MPG to date: 46!!!

evilgEEk
Sep 8, 08:01 PM
Number of posts in this thread seem to indicate that this update has been underwhelming
Well, the update certainly wasn't jaw-dropping, it was just a normal product cycle update. So in comparison to the new CPU's in the iMac, oh, and the whole 24" screen business, the mini update kind of pales in comparison.
That said, I did buy one today from CompUSA! :D I was very surprised that they had them in already, they even got some of the new low end iMacs yesterday, no 24 inchers yet.
So now my office will be pleasantly furnished with a new Mac mini, wireless keyboard and Mighty Mouse. Everyone else in the building runs Windows (although a few have ACD's), but it shouldn't be too difficult to convert them once they see my little powerhouse of a mini. My boss was already blown away when I showed it to him, he called in three other people to look at it.
Fish in a barrel, my friends. ;)
Well, the update certainly wasn't jaw-dropping, it was just a normal product cycle update. So in comparison to the new CPU's in the iMac, oh, and the whole 24" screen business, the mini update kind of pales in comparison.
That said, I did buy one today from CompUSA! :D I was very surprised that they had them in already, they even got some of the new low end iMacs yesterday, no 24 inchers yet.
So now my office will be pleasantly furnished with a new Mac mini, wireless keyboard and Mighty Mouse. Everyone else in the building runs Windows (although a few have ACD's), but it shouldn't be too difficult to convert them once they see my little powerhouse of a mini. My boss was already blown away when I showed it to him, he called in three other people to look at it.
Fish in a barrel, my friends. ;)
Kashchei
Aug 27, 06:01 PM
the new intel integrated graphics isn't ready, is it? So these will be merom minis with a GMA 950?
This is the $64K question. Does anyone know when the X3000 is due to be released?
This is the $64K question. Does anyone know when the X3000 is due to be released?
vincenz
Feb 21, 09:36 AM
Having picked up a 13" MBP yesterday, I won't take this one back unless there is something that I need in it. Overall I'm not normally someone that worries about the contents of a refresh.
Yeh, but for the same price and just a 1-week wait, why wouldn't you hold out unless it was an emergency?
Yeh, but for the same price and just a 1-week wait, why wouldn't you hold out unless it was an emergency?
mentaluproar
Mar 28, 02:21 AM
I think putting the map on the ipad is actually pretty poor idea. You would have to look away from the tv to see a map. This seems more like a last minute idea to put something, ANYTHING on the ipad's screen.
briantology
Feb 23, 09:45 PM
Nice and simple. That's what I really should do is arm mount the display and MacBook... *ponders this* Can you still get to the optical drive in the MBP?
Edit: I'm looking at Amazon right now, do you have to have two arms for the way you have everything mounted? I'm thinking that the answer is yes.
Thanks :]
The optical drive on my model is in the front, so it's blocked by a "flap" that keeps the laptop from falling off. I suppose you could just lift the machine up for a moment to insert a disc though. If it's one of the newer MBPs (or any model MacBook) and the drive is on the side, you should have easy access.
And yes, it's two separate arms, as per the links.
Edit: I'm looking at Amazon right now, do you have to have two arms for the way you have everything mounted? I'm thinking that the answer is yes.
Thanks :]
The optical drive on my model is in the front, so it's blocked by a "flap" that keeps the laptop from falling off. I suppose you could just lift the machine up for a moment to insert a disc though. If it's one of the newer MBPs (or any model MacBook) and the drive is on the side, you should have easy access.
And yes, it's two separate arms, as per the links.
SchneiderMan
Sep 16, 06:22 PM
The Incipio DermaSHOT would have better quality, right?
It should I don't know really. It might have more silicone in it which is what you want.
It should I don't know really. It might have more silicone in it which is what you want.
Daveway
Jan 1, 07:04 PM
Where did you find that image? Are there others?
Its on the Apple.com front page
Its on the Apple.com front page
vand0576
Sep 1, 12:22 PM
I'd really like to see that extra space house more USB ports and PCI slots, or even a eSATA port to make add on HDD space perform like it were right on the motherboard.
xliver
Aug 16, 07:37 AM
I wish whoever posted this would get it straight - Microsoft is coming out with zune to compete with iPod. They are the one with the new product that will inevitably suck.
I don't understand why this post says that Apple is coming out with wireless capabilities to compete with zune - if nobody has wireless out yet, then there is not much a competition. And it certainly isn't Apple hoping to be the ones to catch up.
I don't understand why this post says that Apple is coming out with wireless capabilities to compete with zune - if nobody has wireless out yet, then there is not much a competition. And it certainly isn't Apple hoping to be the ones to catch up.
No comments:
Post a Comment